Flying Martha Ornithopter
An ornithopter is a flying machine that uses flapping wing motion to fly, just like a real bird. Named after the last passenger pigeon, Martha, who died in captivity at the Cincinnati Zoo in 1914, the Flying Martha Ornithopter is a simple mechanical toy powered by a rubber band.
To fly, simply wind up the bird and gently release like a paper airplane. When not in use, the Flying Martha is a charming companion displayed in your home.
- Measures 16" x 16" assembled
- Materials: Bamboo and mulberry paper
- Handmade by master kite-makers in Weifang, China
- Includes easy assembly instructions
- Ships in a beautiful gift box measuring 14"x 16" x 4"